Benefits of the PCard:
- Simplify the purchasing and payment process
- Expedite the ordering and delivery of goods and services
- Eliminate the need for issuing requisitions and processing invoices
- Provide significant cost savings in the procurement/payment process
- Allow the department to have direct contact with suppliers
- Provide electronic control and accountability
Authorization controls can be established for each PCard limiting the per transaction and monthly dollar amounts, as well as the types of merchants that may be used. Additionally, the card allows the cardholder to charge work-related expenses directly to the appropriate Institute accounts. Each card is assigned a default project ID and account number to which transactions will be automatically charged. Charges may be reallocated, if necessary, through the Institute’s wed based distribution system, Works Pcard Manager (WPM). PCard transactions load to WPM daily and remain available for review and redistribution for 7 calendar days before being posted to the General Ledger.
Eligibility and Issuance
Any Georgia Tech permanent, regular-status employee who has the approval of their Department Head may be eligible for a Procurement Card.
Steps to Obtaining a PCard
- Get Preliminary approval from a Department Head and notify the Department PCard Coordinator.
- Complete a PCard Request Form on the Purchasing Forms page.
- Complete the "PCard Cardholders Training & Certification" online training tutorial.
PCards will be distributed to employees after completion of appropriate background checks, cardholder training and submission of the signed Employee Agreement Form on the Purchasing Forms page.
PCard Official Use Guidelines
You can review the Official PCard Policy, or review a summary of the policy below:
Authorized PCard purchases include:
Office Supplies, Non-Inventory Equipment, Lab/Research Supplies, Items on Contract (if not in BuzzMart), Registrations, Subscriptions, Office Furniture/Files.
Services including: Maintenance & Repair, Freelance (Photographers, Writers, Artists), Consulting Services, Utilities.
Items the PCard may NOT be used for include:
Personal Purchases, Inventory Equipment, Employee Travel & Entertainment, Food (except as authorized in BFM Section 188.8.131.52), Motor Vehicle Fuel, Split Purchases (dividing one purchase into two or more to stay within your transaction limit), Alcoholic Beverages or Tobacco Products, Cash Advantages, Purchases from units of the Institute, Gift Cards, Calling Cards or other Pre-Paid Cards, Georgia Sales Tax, Funding a BuzzCard.